Bringing scholarship to bear on the making of U.S. policy in this vital region of the world… our mission
Institute scholars engage in rigorous research to offer groundbreaking analysis and realistic policy options in a wide array of publications. Institute analysis informs policymakers and shapes the public debate.
Cutting-edge analysis and recommendations make Institute experts a go-to source for Democratic and Republican administrations and policymakers around the world.
- Geduld Program on Arab Politics
- Project on the Middle East Peace Process
- Bernstein Program on Gulf and Energy Policy
- Iran Security Initiative
- Military and Security Studies Program
- Jeanette and Ira Reinhard Program on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Project Fikra: Defeating Extremism Through the Power of Ideas
- Turkish Research Program
For the Media
Since its founding in 1985, The Washington Institute has served as a training ground for future policymakers through research fellowships and internships.