What binds Saudi Arabia with Japan, of course, and increasingly separates it from the U.S., is oil. Saudi Arabia is by far the world’s largest exporter of it; Japan is one of the largest importers.
- On Saudi Arabia and Iran: Tread Lightly
- Preparing for Regime Change in Iran
- The Future of Islamists in Egypt
- The Cyber Dimensions of ISIS’s Occupation of Mosul
- Middle East Borders 100 Years After Sykes-Picot: Towards Mono-Nationalism or Pluralism?
- The Egyptian Police, Between Innocence and Guilt in the Regeni Case